Interview for this Website

langley1986
Regular!

Re: Interview for this Website

Post by langley1986 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 am

Yeah, I'm definitely going to video tape it.

I'm thinking about trying to go second. So, the other guy will go 17 minutes, then I'll go 17 minutes. Instead of trying to alternate questions back and forth.

But, either way, I'll video tape both the other guy's interview and my part - so, we'll have the whole 35 minute take.

What do you think would be best? Alternate questions, or do it in two separate parts?

downward
Regular!

Post by downward » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:34 am

langley1986 wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely going to video tape it.

I'm thinking about trying to go second. So, the other guy will go 17 minutes, then I'll go 17 minutes. Instead of trying to alternate questions back and forth.

But, either way, I'll video tape both the other guy's interview and my part - so, we'll have the whole 35 minute take.

What do you think would be best? Alternate questions, or do it in two separate parts?
if you do it in two separate parts make sure you go first. otherwise, the other guy will take 25 minutes and you'll be fucked and it'll be too awkward to just go "dude, your time is up." if you go first, this way you can be gentlemanly about it and take the proper amount of time. but don't rely on the other guy not being a dick.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:37 am

Yeah, this other guy sounds like a real douche for some reason, so you will want to go first. But make sure you ask about Regaydas tho, we must know!
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 am

Yeah the other guy sounds like a film student and will just ask the same kinds of questions we're used to from the lecture a couple of years ago. He will use terms like earth tones and will probably get in a rut of questions about Gummo like how did you get the bath water so dirty? What makes you want to go second anyway? Find out what the other dude is about though, for all we know he could be on here stealing all our questions.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:27 am

Ask Harmony to create an account and post something on here...
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:39 am

I wouldn't really want that, it's too much Kevin Smith shit. There needs to be some distance between artist and audience. Maybe him posting on another board would be okay but not on this one. I remember he did leave that message on the site a few years ago though, that was pretty cool.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:46 am

baal wrote: I remember he did leave that message on the site a few years ago though, that was pretty cool.
I vaguely remember that, but wasn't the true identity of that account in question? Could someone link that on here for us to see again?

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 am

If the other guy goes first, he might sidetrack Korine into telling the long Pistachio Nuts and Amazon Fish stories that would eat up your time.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:33 am

downward wrote:if you do it in two separate parts make sure you go first. otherwise, the other guy will take 25 minutes and you'll be fucked and it'll be too awkward to just go "dude, your time is up."
I'd say the opposite. If you went second you could be certain that the first interviewer took just his alloted time. You could put your hand on his leg and tell him his time is up. You then being last would be certain to have at least the same amount of time as the first interview but I imagine there may also be the possibility of it all going a little longer than 35 minutes, which would be your time - more interview for you.

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 am

Very wise, Brutus. This is why you are the one in charge.

downward
Regular!

Post by downward » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 am

Brutus wrote:
downward wrote:if you do it in two separate parts make sure you go first. otherwise, the other guy will take 25 minutes and you'll be fucked and it'll be too awkward to just go "dude, your time is up."
I'd say the opposite. If you went second you could be certain that the first interviewer took just his alloted time. You could put your hand on his leg and tell him his time is up. You then being last would be certain to have at least the same amount of time as the first interview but I imagine there may also be the possibility of it all going a little longer than 35 minutes, which would be your time - more interview for you.
i will beat this man to death with a rock and then wear his glasses and pretend to be him at the interview. that is the only way to be sure. no, no. of course you are right brutus. i, for some reason, hadn't considered that it may become conversational and run into overtime.

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:25 am

You have to watch out for these publicist/assitstant types though, they are likely to shut it down on time and not a second more. He is a "busy man" remember. I suppose there might be time for some friendly chat though, off the cuff type shit, but just get in there and do your job. You're not going to be his friend.

So are you shitting your pants over the interview yet langley?

nicholas
Regular!

Post by nicholas » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:27 pm

ask, if it´s hard for him to go thru his dark years (fight harm, drugs etc.) again, when asked in interviews.

ask, how´s the relationship with his wife on an artistic level. he collaborated with her on some stuff by now. what does he think about it?

he thanked chris cunningham at the end of mister lonely. ask him, what does he (cunningham) brought to it.

btw, thanks for the interview! good luck!

Boogie
Regular!

Post by Boogie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:00 am

chris and harmony have been friends for a while now...i think.

langley1986
Regular!

Post by langley1986 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 pm

I swear to you, this is the email I just got from his assistant Scott. The subject is "IMPORTANT information regarding interview with Harmony." He sent it to me and the other interviewer both of course.
Gentleman
Harmony has decided to do the interview in an area that is considered part
of "the projects" where a very good friend of his was murdered several years
ago. I will give you precise directions on the day of the interview, and
you should wear something bulletproof or bring a weapon.

This is NOT a hoax of any kind. It is an homage to a friend who had his
head cut off, and it is on the actual spot where the body was found. Your
cameras/equipment must be set up before he arrives, and you must be prepared
for what may happen. I apologize if my tone is terse, but it is important
for me to convey to you that this is not a joke. You may want to talk to
each other beforehand.

-Scott