Here's what happened

qbtalshbh
Regular

Re: Here's what happened

Post by qbtalshbh » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm

great stuff. it was a lot better than I expected. and good job with the interviews and editing.

oops
Regular!

Post by oops » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:21 pm

hahahah, the mask dude keeps :lol:

harris
Regular!

Post by harris » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Kalamazoo wrote:Good work. Sucks he made a joke of a lot of it but what can you do?
he gave my drag city question a straight answer :)

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Hah, I thought that was really great. I wasn't really expecting much from your description but watching it was very good - I'm impressed; I think you did very well with it. I probably would have broke down and started weeping if he threw my notepad on the ground - I'd buckle under that pressure.

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah you're totally selling yourself short with this, Langley. You asked all the right questions and Harmony had all the right moves. He treated the whole thing with the lack of respect it deserved.

Jesus Son
Regular!

Post by Jesus Son » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 pm

maybe he thought the people on his message board would like him to perform more than actually answer their questions. langley, it sort of seems that, since he knew that cameras were going to be there, you were issued with a sort of challenge, 'hey, see what you make of this in the edit'. or maybe that's reading far too much into it and he's just trying a little too hard to be weird. either way, it was really interesting to see, and i reckon you shot and edited it well, thanks.

harris
Regular!

Post by harris » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:24 am

man i wish i knew what he was thinking when the beyonce song was playing. i laughed really hard when he said 'ive always liked that song.' it being a relatively new song.

i thought he gave good answers. he was especially straight on the phone. it wouldve been good if langley wouldve prepared some off topic questions incase of what happened at the end. he handled it well tho. thatreminded me of something herzog would do 'vut duz ziss matter, these question. it is all trivial and crude!"

oops
Regular!

Post by oops » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 am

just incase anyone wants the file
http://www.zshare.net/download/16142968e83c38f4/

kpo123
Regular!

Post by kpo123 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:44 am

Hahaha, the masked dude is too awesome

Brandon...
Regular!

Post by Brandon... » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 am

At least i got a response to one of my questions. He is going to release those zines !!!! thats all i wanted to know.

langley1986
Regular!

Post by langley1986 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 pm

He did later say that he loved Carlos Regadas' movie Silent Light and that The Wire was better than 90% of the movies he's seen recently. He said the he really liked Ki-duk Kim a lot right now. He said a bunch of other films that he really liked recently but acted like it really wasn't that important. I can't remember them anyway. This was all after the cameras were off obviously.

He also said he was looking forward to seeing Herzog's new movie "Encounters ..." as it is playing in Nashville right now. But, he can't watch any movies right now or for a couple more months, because he is writing. He said when he is writing he doesn't like to watch any movies. He sounded pretty sincere about that.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Nice man man. I'm glad he answered my question about Carlos Reygadas,it seems like a distinct possibility that he might be working with him now...
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

downward
Regular!

Post by downward » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:51 am

wonderful job. i feel like you were trying to lead him into talking about chris cunningham all through the beginning of the phone interview and he kept dodging until you finally asked about him as if it were a taboo subject. but that's obviously, like, me being sort of a weirdo. but yeah, you're a true forum patriot.

C Nihil
Regular

Post by C Nihil » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 pm

In the beginning I thought that he was going to fuck with you. Then in the middle I thought uh oh he's fucking with you. and in the end I thought it was so fantastic that he fucked with you! Good natured prankery and some illumination on questons i'd had. great work.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 pm

Brandon... wrote:At least i got a response to one of my questions. He is going to release those zines !!!! thats all i wanted to know.
My local library recently updated their catalogue system and while searching this I found the following entry from the US Library of Congress:

Main Title: The collected fanzines / Harmony Korine.
Personal Author: Korine, Harmony.
Edition: Pbk. ed.
Imprint: Chicago, IL : Drag City, 2008.
Description: p. cm.
ISBN: 9780965618311 (pbk. : alk. paper)
LC Control No: 2008933899
Local System No: 15381151

This doesn't come up when you search the actual Library of Congress website though (or maybe I miss it), just when you search via my library. That it's coming out on Drag City I believe in new information, the ISBN too.