Regular!

Re: Various Korine Mentions

Post by Will Harm » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:48 am

uncouth
Regular!

Post by uncouth » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 am

Will Harm wrote:Image
am i missing some sort of relation or mention to Korine here?

harmfulkorine
Regular!

Post by harmfulkorine » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:17 am

gummo's on the shelf.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 am

Do they actually remake scenes from Gummo in the film?
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

umma-ohz
Regular!

Post by umma-ohz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 am

Hah! One of my friends told me about the Gummo reference in Be Kind Rewind, am glad to have seen the picture.

uncouth
Regular!

Post by uncouth » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 pm

harmfulkorine wrote:gummo's on the shelf.
where?? i don't see it. it's not one of those three videos on the counter, and there is no shelf. am i just blind?

umma-ohz
Regular!

Post by umma-ohz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Far right hand side. Just up a bit from the middle.

Unless of course you're kidding :lol:

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:39 am

Ohhhhh. I could never see it either. Apparently the site crops the photo instead of widening the forum, in Mozilla anyway. Right click and copy the image location and paste in the new window and you'll see it. I've probably stared at that thing for 5 minutes total on different occasions to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

uncouth
Regular!

Post by uncouth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:31 am

Kalamazoo wrote:Ohhhhh. I could never see it either. Apparently the site crops the photo instead of widening the forum, in Mozilla anyway. Right click and copy the image location and paste in the new window and you'll see it. I've probably stared at that thing for 5 minutes total on different occasions to figure out what the hell you were talking about.
Thanks for clearing that up! You're right...I just dragged the photo onto my desktop and re-opened it and there it was as clear as day.

nicholas
Regular!

Post by nicholas » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:17 pm

stephen malkmus talks about korine and the weird fan mails he gets. can´t copy the lines, it´s questions # 15 oder something.
http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/stephen_malkmus

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:48 am

Kalamazoo wrote:I've probably stared at that thing for 5 minutes total on different occasions to figure out what the hell you were talking about.
Heh, I did the same. I remember being infuriated by it at one point.

ketchup and liquor
Regular!

Post by ketchup and liquor » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

i don't know if this was ever posted. mark gonzales talking about fighting. "if i get into a fight, i get my ass kicked; unless i'm fighting harmony korine, then i'll win.":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJ6CLfO6jpU

Jesus Son
Regular!

Post by Jesus Son » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:19 pm

the back section of the new issue of ID is a Mister Lonely special. i'm way too broke to even contemplate buying magazines, so no scans or transcript, sorry, this is just a heads up.

there are longer interviews with Harmony and Rachel, a very short one with Avi Korine, blurbs on some of the rest of the cast, a Jason Spaceman interview and some pictures from the Mister Lonely set of the various characters. the rest of the issue is devoted in it's entirety to the mutant hose beast Agyness Dean. the URL of this site is printed at the end of the Korine section.

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 am

This is old news but I remember looking for it a while back and couldn't find it. So I thought I'd post it.

Vincent Gallo:
"When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

The only impact Harmony Korine will have will be on the lives of the girls he slipped drugs to, got stoned and raped while they were passed out. An autobiographical scenario he chose to include in his average screenplay ‘Kids.' I’ll fuck your ass Cary Woods. "
http://www.vincentgallo.com/writing/KingCrimson.html

nicholas
Regular!

Post by nicholas » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 am