What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

foot foot

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Postby foot foot » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:17 am

yesterday i watched Todd Haynes' Superstar. i'm not really a fan of his work. Superstar wasn't bad but not great either. it's the story of Karen Carpenter told with Barbie dolls. 45 minutes total. i don't even know why i watched it. i just saw it online and heard about it and figured "what the hell", but yeah if you want to see it...

<a href="http://illegal-art.org/video/popups/superstar.html" target="_blank">http://illegal-art.org/video/popups/superstar.html</a>

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:28 am

I just watched Dark Days, which was ok. I get every Friday about a box of six films from a library of sorts. This week I will see also Dawn of the Dead, Rita, Sue and Bob Too, Claire Denis' Chocolat, and the first season of the Sopranos.

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:12 am

today i watched Poison which wasn't bad but then i watched Velvet Goldmine which was very hard to sit through. i thought that movie sucked ass. my neighbor has been making me borrow all these Todd Haynes' films. i can't say he's made me a fan. i liked Far From Heaven. Poison was good too. the parts about the little boy killing his dad and flying out the window were great. i rented Night Of The Hunter today. i'm going to watch that tomarrow.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Watched White Hunter Black Heart on TV, which was fantastic and rented Masked and Anonymous, which just might be the best film of 2003 (contending with Capturing the Friedmans, The Fog of War, Raising Victor Vargas, and Mystic River).

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:19 pm

i liked Raising Victor Vargas a lot. one of the best movies i'd seen in a while. i'm into Dylan big time but when i heard about Masked and Anonymous i thought it sounded stupid. haven't seen it though.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am

Masked and Anonymous is way ahead of its time. It's political/Biblical allegory in a vaudeville setting, with Bob Dylan (in a hilariously deadpan performance) smack dab in the middle of everything. Most people will hate it, but everyone can admit that there's very little out there like it.

MERRIN
Regular

Postby MERRIN » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:04 am

Monster ****

Analyze this **1/2
MERRIN

MERRIN
Regular

Postby MERRIN » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JoshBahr+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JoshBahr)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i watched Velvet Goldmine which was very hard to sit through. i thought that movie sucked ass. my neighbor has been making me borrow all these Todd Haynes' films. i can't say he's made me a fan. i liked Far From Heaven. .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think 'Velvet Goldmine' was a lot beter on the second viewing.
Loved 'Far From Heaven' :)
MERRIN

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:22 am

Night of the Hunter is very good. way better than i thought it was going to be.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:01 pm

Just saw Killing of a Chinese Bookie by Cassavettes.
Pretty interesting flick (and one of Harm's favorites, if I'm
not mistaken).

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:05 pm

Breakfast Club twice in a row. John Hughes is a genius.

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:07 pm

watching Night of the Hunter again. i really thought this movie would be crap. it's one of the best films ever.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:35 am

amelie-liked it more then i thought
happiness-my new favorite movie

foot foot

Postby foot foot » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:19 am

i watched Every Man For Himself And God Against All (The Enigma Of Kaspar Hauser) again tonight and i liked it a lot more the second time. i like how the film kind of challenges religion at times. some funny stuff in there too. "it jumped over your foot and ran away...smart apple!"

Smut
Regular!

Postby Smut » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:25 pm

Just watched everything Pasolini ever did in a retro. here in Edinburgh. Almost all wonderful, I thought. Last couple of days I liked Altman's 3 Women, Tanner '88 and A Wedding, Babenco's Carandiru, Franju's Eyes Without A Face, Nick Ray's On Dangerous Ground and if anyone can get a copy of anything by Bela Tarr- watch it!!

Return to “General Discussion”