What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Tre-Able
Regular

move eyes

Post by Tre-Able » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am

i just liiked at chumscrubber..it was a good donnie darko type movie. you all would like it. i liked it at least.

"the heart is decietful above all things" is a gem..i havent been on this forum in months but im sure this film has been a topic of discussion, its great, excellernt. very agressive. cinema to the max.
just see it/ i dont feel like talking about it.

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:15 pm

downward wrote:and i want jimmy to rape lois lane.
hahaha that is brilliant, i would see that . i don't know who those other characters are but if they are faggots they deserve to be punished.

Boogie
Regular!

Post by Boogie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:14 pm

The Deer Hunter- Great Film, you need to watch this for the famous russian roullette scene.

Raging Bull- Poetic Scorsese. Gotta love joe pesci..."Whad id do? what id do, huh? tell me, tell me, whad id do? you fucking nut! you know your crazy..."

Wild at Heart- Pretty wild. The only other lynch i've seen was "The Elephant Man", which has no comparison to Wild at Heart. Many good moments in this film. I would reccomend it.

Annie Hall- Woody Allen, another director im not familiar with. Didn't make me laugh so much, but i knew going in, he had a style of intellectual witty comedy. Annie Hall was Woody Allens breakthrough film, and as a film it was very poetic. Even though his comedy didn't teach me on the level others feel about Woody, this is a great introduction to this mans work.

harris
Regular!

Post by harris » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:47 am

Jubilee didnt make it through, every character drove me nuts

Extras Season 2
perfect show and I think alot better than the first season. this season has more of a curb your enthusiasm feel to it which is great. the torrent is up i think on isohunt.

What Happened to Kerouac not a great documentary but some good interviews.

might go see borat or the departed this weekend im not sure

harris
Regular!

Post by harris » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:50 am

oh yeah

Destricted overall not really my cup of tea, though the Barney short and the first once were good. Clark's film was rather annoying and if you see it you'll probably agree.

eric
Regular!

Post by eric » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:53 pm

21 Up in America - Saw it at a local film festival just today by more than one stroke of good luck. Pretty much one of the best movies I've ever seen. Every bit as great as the British series, if you ask me. If anyone has (or would be interested in helping me find) a copy of it and/or "Age 7 in America" and "14 Up in America", please pm me. I've already exhausted my two main sources (ebay and emule) with no luck, but I think if we work collectively, we can get a hold of them. I think there's a chance it may even be released somewhere down the road. I should've asked at the post-screening Q&A but i didn't stick around for fear that it would tarnish the experience. It seems it was at one point shown on the Discovery Channel, so keep an eye on that.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:54 am

the devil wears prada - i was looking forward to this for no good reason but it was crap, it's no different than any teen comedy and it looks like crap too, it's all crap.

harris
Regular!

Post by harris » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:29 am

the puffy chair such a great film. the performances are all so perfect. has anyone else seen it?

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:52 am

boggle wrote:21 Up in America - Saw it at a local film festival just today by more than one stroke of good luck. Pretty much one of the best movies I've ever seen. Every bit as great as the British series, if you ask me. If anyone has (or would be interested in helping me find) a copy of it and/or "Age 7 in America" and "14 Up in America", please pm me. I've already exhausted my two main sources (ebay and emule) with no luck, but I think if we work collectively, we can get a hold of them. I think there's a chance it may even be released somewhere down the road. I should've asked at the post-screening Q&A but i didn't stick around for fear that it would tarnish the experience. It seems it was at one point shown on the Discovery Channel, so keep an eye on that.
I'd really like to see them. I don't think they are available on DVD/VHS. On the IMDB it says that the Discovery Channel owns the rights. So maybe they'll play on TV sometime.

ketchup and liquor
Regular!

Post by ketchup and liquor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:56 am

borat - funny, but way too staged. his segments on the ali g show are way funnier.

band of outsiders - great, as i had expected.

hustle and flow - not so good the second time around.

Boogie
Regular!

Post by Boogie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 am

borat- umm, okay. i felt the hype more than the movie itself. really dissapointed. excuse me, let me rephrase that....really, really, really...and one more, really dissapointed.

Kalamazoo johnson- i want to be a mountaineer in my next life. great film.

dog day afternoon- Atticus!! Atticus!! Pacino always delivers. suprised this won several academy awards, it was probably a breakthrough film at that time. what ever happened to john cazale?

Nacho Libre- alot of laughs. NAcHOOOOooooooo

Underword "evolution"- Umm, they should of redone the whole script. The narrative was completley jumbled and hard to follow.

destricted- no comment.

toadlift
Regular!

Post by toadlift » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:03 pm

John Cazale died in 1978
I'm no judge of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about 17 million of 'em out there.

eric
Regular!

Post by eric » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:40 am

And i'm pretty sure pacino chants "attica", in reference to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attica_Prison_riots

but yea, thats a great movie. and john cazale was one of the best.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 am

i thought he was saying 'applesauce! applesauce!' i just thought he was out of his mind, i thought that was the point.

eric
Regular!

Post by eric » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:13 am

Brutus wrote:i thought he was saying 'applesauce! applesauce!' i just thought he was out of his mind, i thought that was the point.
Now you're making me question myself.