What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Roop
Regular

i haven't been here in years

Post by Roop » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 pm

the last movie, i am ashamed to say, i saw was smokin' aces. what a fucking piece of shit.
Two headed boy, she is all you could need.
She will feed you tomatos and radio wire
And retire to sheets safe and clean,
But don't hate her when she gets up to leave.

raiseshisarm
Regular!

Post by raiseshisarm » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:28 pm

jonestown, cool doc about jonestown massacre.

el topo, saw this for the first time in the theatres last night. it was the new print, i guess. way cool. next week theyre doing the new print of the holy mountain.

foot foot

Post by foot foot » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:24 am

been a while

The Devil and Daniel Johnston - better than i could have possibly imagined.
Marie Antoinette - fuckin gay. i have no idea why i watched this. i have no idea why i like sofia coppola movies.
The Departed - fucking bad ass. best scoresese movie since king of comedy.
Cocaine Cowboys - really good except it jumps around so much you'd think the editors were high on blow.
Harsh Times - it's wasn't no training day (ya fuck you) but it was still pretty good up until the end.
Borat - you gotta admit that scene where he was throwing dollar bills at the cockroaches was pretty fucking good.
The Misifts - so so so good. really surprised me.

El Jared
Regular!

Post by El Jared » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Volver - really great. I love Almodovar. I love Penelope Cruz in her native tounge. Its kind of Hitchcok at times, but overall one of Pedro's best films.

Blow I re-watched it, after I saw Volver because I wanted to see Ms. Cruz again. Its still a nice little film. I enjoyed it.

Boogie
Regular!

Post by Boogie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 am

pans labriynth- i have mixed emotions about this film. i was told it was once a spanish tale. it had it's underlining of alice in wonderland, but also played on the subconcious. the deep desire to escape the harsh reality of life into the world of fantasy or what we call the unknown. the best part of the movie, was the character who played the bad guy. he is forever embedded in my mind as one of the crudest, toughest, assholes on the planet!

toadlift
Regular!

Post by toadlift » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Flags of Our Fathers (rewatch)- This was a lot better on the second viewing. It's still not amazing, but I liked it a lot.

The Long Good Friday- Don't mess with Bob Hoskins. This movie was great.

Vertigo, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Shadow of a Doubt, Frenzy, The Trouble With Harry, Rebecca- My wife loves Hitchcock so we watched all of these in the last week or so. I loved every one of them. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be The Trouble with Harry or Rear Window.

Affliction- Alaric was right about this one, it's pretty bleak. To quote him, "this one makes Sean Penn look like Frank Capra". I'm not sure if it's more depressing than The Pledge, but it definitely wasn't happy.

The Singing Detective (rewatch)- I'm about halfway through this one for the second time and it really is amazing. One of the most unique things I've ever seen.

The Larry Sanders Show (rewatch)- I've rewatched the first three seasons. This honestly is my favorite comedy of all time. It's just perfect, there's never ever a weak episode.

The Wire- Finally got around to watching seasons 2 and 3. The third season is the best season of any show I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the fourth season.

I've also seen and loved Rashomon and Glengarry Glen Ross. In theaters I rewatched Children of Men and the Departed. Children of Men is great, second last year only to the Departed (fuck you Uter).
I'm no judge of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about 17 million of 'em out there.

mylkhead
Regular!

Post by mylkhead » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:18 am

Pan's Labyrinth - Fantastic. I was sad to see it end. I wanted more!

The Science of Sleep - Cute little love story. Gondry does it again.

The Holy Mountain - Takes the cake for the most fucked up movie I've ever seen. Brilliant.

I just recently realized that they are playing El Topo and The Holy Mountain in Cleveland (at the Cinematheque - which I never knew about!) this month. And they are also screening Herzog all this month too. Lynch's Inland Empire comes to town March 2nd. Can't wait.

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I just recently realized that they are playing El Topo and The Holy Mountain in Cleveland (at the Cinematheque - which I never knew about!) this month. And they are also screening Herzog all this month too. Lynch's Inland Empire comes to town March 2nd. Can't wait.
I hate you.

smotoofooty
Regular

Post by smotoofooty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:47 pm

Kalamazoo wrote:

I hate you.
finally someone says it

Kalamazoo

Post by Kalamazoo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:41 pm

INLAND EMPIRE is playing in Atlanta this Friday. Only problem is I'm in Mobile so the trip would cost me like $130. Plus only 1000 seats with no preorder so good chance lot of people won't get in. One show only. I'd also have to take a vacation day to make it.

Maybe I'll luck up and What Is It? will screen in Alabama. I sent CHG a myspace message saying he should.

Screw you, South.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:20 am

Children of Men- B
Pan's Labyrinth- B-
The Science of Sleep- A
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

euphoric confusion
Regular

Post by euphoric confusion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:46 am

Brick- Just rented this. Completely fucking horrible!!

Idiot Lust
Regular

Post by Idiot Lust » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:54 am

The Devil and Daniel Johnston

I'm not that into his music (especially once he started strangling guitars) but his lyrics are something special. It's a real shame in a way that when he wigged out it was all that Christian guilt his mother put on him that really manifested as the key component of his psychosis.

No matter, I was suitably stunned by the film and inspired by the man himself, though what that says about my mental stability I'm not too sure.

downward
Regular!

Post by downward » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:31 am

i watched art school confidential, the first half of which i thought was pretty classic, the second half of which i think tried very hard to destroy all the good and funny things that the first half built up. still, pretty good overall. i watched it back to back because my roommate got home towards the end of it and wanted to see it so we just watched it again.

mylkhead
Regular!

Post by mylkhead » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:13 am

Talk to Her (Almodovar) - I liked this one a lot. Much better than Bad Education in my opinion.