Regular!

Re: KG

Post by Johnny Boy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Okay, cheers!

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 am

I've got a few invites if anyone wants one. Even if you got booted and need a second chance.

harmfulkorine
Regular!

Post by harmfulkorine » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:30 pm

i literally just logged back into KG for the first time and now it says my account has been disabled... does anyone know what happened and how to undo it?

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:20 pm

it looks like they must know who you are and that you were banned. maybe because of your IP or something? i was hoping that wouldn't happen, sorry if i got your hopes up.

Kingfish
Regular!

Post by Kingfish » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:59 pm

RONSAUCE wrote:it looks like they must know who you are and that you were banned. maybe because of your IP or something? i was hoping that wouldn't happen, sorry if i got your hopes up.
If you logged back in after being banned using the same email or ip they will find out and not let you back in.
"The best Bergman film I've seen is Offret, and the worst, Interiors. I like them both."

Jesus Son
Regular!

Post by Jesus Son » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am

Does seeding for a long time boost your ratio, even if no-one leeches it?

I went a bit kid-in-a-sweet-shop mad, and got Warhol's Vinyl and Lynch's Hotel Room, not really expecting anyone to pick them up, but the temptation was too great. I went for the '97 Funny Games, as it seemed really popular, lots of leechers. Think I jumped on it at the end though, I got a few leechers, but that only boosted me to 0.002. This is tough. I think maybe a few weeks of just getting popular stuff I don't even want to watch is the way to go.

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:18 pm

No People need to leach off of you.

What you want are popular torrents that are new. If you click the 'Browse' tab it takes you to a page that displays new torrents. I'd suggest checking back at that page frequently, every once and a while a torrent will pop up and dozens of people will jump on it to leech. If you get in on that early, it does wonders for your ratio. It's pretty hit and miss so stick to smaller files like books and music until you master it.

Most importantly do not go over 5 GB until you figure this out, or you most likely will get banned.

Johnny Boy
Regular!

Post by Johnny Boy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm up to 23 GB already, Jesus...

Jesus Son
Regular!

Post by Jesus Son » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

RONSAUCE wrote:No People need to leach off of you.

What you want are popular torrents that are new. If you click the 'Browse' tab it takes you to a page that displays new torrents. I'd suggest checking back at that page frequently, every once and a while a torrent will pop up and dozens of people will jump on it to leech. If you get in on that early, it does wonders for your ratio. It's pretty hit and miss so stick to smaller files like books and music until you master it.

Most importantly do not go over 5 GB until you figure this out, or you most likely will get banned.
Yeah, I'm going to hit it pretty hard this weekend and try and get it up. I'm just over a gig at the minute, the stuff i've got's not that huge, so i figure (possibly unwisely) the couple of freebies i got to start with are probably ok. Thanks for the tip (and again for the invite) though, I'll try some books and music.

Jesus Son
Regular!

Post by Jesus Son » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 am

this is probably a cheeky ask, having already had one free invite out of this forum, but i've got a friend that i showed KG to the other night, and, really impressed, he's pretty desperate for an invite. don't suppose anyone has a spare?

RONSAUCE
Regular!

Post by RONSAUCE » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

Yeah, no prob. Just sent you a PM.

I have tons of invites and I'm more than happy to give them out. KG is amazing and I encourage everyone to give it a try. But if you are banned you can't join again. If you're banned you are banned. About half of the invites I've given out on this board have immediately been shut down. KG is smart and they can tell right away so don't even try.

baal
Regular!

Post by baal » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 am

Yeah it's great, I gotta thank you again for that Ron. After all the panic and complaints about ratio I thought it would be too much work and so I was never going to bother, but I've found it so easy to stay above 1 I don't see how anyone can fail. I've only downloaded 17GB so far but recently I got a bigger drive so I plan on getting a lot more.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:58 pm

RONSAUCE wrote:If you're banned you are banned. About half of the invites I've given out on this board have immediately been shut down. KG is smart and they can tell right away so don't even try.
There's a topic on the forum where you can ask for another chance (they just extend your warning period). Even if you were banned for multiple accounts they sometimes re-enable your account if you ask, but that's not usual.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Post by Brutus » Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am

If anyone didn't see, they're have a week-long freeleech from May 9 (just under 48 hours away).

I often go weeks without checking sites and many times miss these things and so figured it was worth pointing out for anyone who was the same. This they say is their first freeleech in three years, so nothing that comes around all the time.

Also, for anyone who was banned for poor ratio in the past, they no longer ban accounts. If your ratio is not in order, your downloading rights are removed until you get your ratio right again. However, if you ratio is not right during the freeleech, it doesn't matter, you'll still be able to download as much as you want.

JulienDonkeyHumpers
Regular!

Post by JulienDonkeyHumpers » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

holy s hit thanks for that brutus wish i'd have read that sooner