he got the rights back from troma!

baal
Regular!

Re: Giuseppe Andrews

Postby baal » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm

oops wrote:http://www.giuseppeandrews.net/#/boxset/4533511937

:P :P :P :P :P :P
he got the rights back from troma!

Unbelievable, finally. It's so weird how Troma never bothered to put it out after all these years. What could possibly be the hold up--was it a deliberate act? Anyway do you know for sure he got the rights back or is he like defying them or something

polysicsarebest
Regular

Postby polysicsarebest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Best director working today (next to Takeshi Kitano, who will never be beaten). I have nearly all of his films. He's a genius.
josh alridge, xavier renegade angel # 1 fan

yourbuddyoz
Regular!

Postby yourbuddyoz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:48 pm

i used to live in ventura where giuseppe lives. i'd see him bopping around from time to time and often i'd see the trailer park friends from his movies. once i saw him on he street with his girlfriend while i was driving. i turned around to drive past and tell him i appreciated what he was doing and that i wish more people would dispatch weird personal films from where they live. but like a ghost or north american skunk ape, he had vanished into the ether ...

that being said, i haven't been able to get through one of his movies all the way. i like the energy, but i find them a little low brow and sloppy. i just wish he'd put a little more effort into what he's doing. he has the characters and the locale down, though.

polysicsarebest
Regular

Postby polysicsarebest » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:03 pm

get me out of this ant farm
get me out of this ant farm!!!!!!!!

agedwealth
Regular!

Postby agedwealth » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:16 am

One of the best directors working today?

Yeah... since fucking stuffed animals, is such a tough thing to create.

His films are interesting for about fifteen minutes each time, then they slowly...start...to eat...my brain...

TROMA produced this for a reason. Because nobody else would...

Olive
Regular

Postby Olive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:55 pm

I don't mind Giuseppe at all...Though I've only managed to see Cat Piss and the various clippings of his work on youtube, But from what I've saw I totally dig it, I understand he is often compared to Korine & even seen as a 'ripoff' But I think the two are planets apart in terms of executing a film. Giuseppe has a very 'careless' and sometimes sloppy approach to film making. Korine however can take a messy theme and execute it very neatly leaving no end untied. They both just happen to be fascinated with bad taste, filth, and trashy characters and schemes. So I don't necessarily think Giuseppe is a poor man's rip off of Korine but rather a new addition of gritty artists attracted to the beauty of trash.

polysicsarebest
Regular

Postby polysicsarebest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:41 am

"TROMA produced this for a reason. Because nobody else would..."

troma didn't produce these films, they just put them out on dvd. they had nothing to do with the content. giuseppe pays for most of his films out of his own pocket. adam rifkin has produced a lot of them too.

giuseppe is a way better director than korine, hes managed to make 30+ brilliant films in the past 10 years. giuseppe writes the best dialogue ever (with ryan trecartin being the only other possible contender for king of dialogue).

brilliant.

polysicsarebest
Regular

Postby polysicsarebest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:12 pm

i gotta say, i am confused by that proboards message board -- which for a while was just bursting with info about giuseppe and his films and then suddenly EVERYONE disappeared. is there some other message board that people went to? the overall posting style on that board was really cryptic and bizarre too. there's some other stuff, but just look at the board.

i wonder how many films giuseppe has just sitting around? with the recent trickle of stuff like actor, babysitter, grandpa (aka "film # 13"), etc... obviously older films... i wonder if other films are ever going to come out?

really curious which movies criterion will eventually release of giuseppe's. taking a guess garbanzo gas will be the first obvious choice. that's after criterion puts out pinnochio 964 and tetsuo: the iron man and reflections of evil on dvd. so we got a ways to go. i mean they haven't even re-released every single takeshi kitano film ever on dvd yet. criterion is slacking.

oops
Regular!

Postby oops » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:56 am

santebal
Regular!

Postby santebal » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:22 am

I love this guy's work. Who Flung Poo is my favorite of his (that I've seen).

16bitsystems
Regular!

Postby 16bitsystems » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

Anybody still following Giuseppe? He's moved on to music more than movies, but his output is still insanely prolific. I recently picked up 'Diary' and 'Spur of the Moment'. I enjoyed both. His whole vibe has totally changed with this cosmic energy thing, but i still really dig it. He's about to release another new novel that i'm going to pick up.

16bitsystems
Regular!

Postby 16bitsystems » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 pm

for anyone who missed it in the harm board, i scanned GA's spur of the moment book. here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cp225j

cunt.tumblr.com
Regular

Postby cunt.tumblr.com » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 am

16bitsystems, much love..nice scans :P

wish someone would start a GA page and upload all his classic films 8)

16bitsystems
Regular!

Postby 16bitsystems » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 am

thanks. i did the best i could. it's a pretty big book and my scanner is not very big.
Trailer Town and Touch Me In the Morning are on youtube now.

Return to “General Discussion”