Vincent Gallo

loony toad quack
Regular!

Vincent Gallo

Post by loony toad quack » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:16 am

Is this a shifter car? I cannot drive a shifter car, alright, so we got a little situation here. I can't drive these kinda cars! What the fuck is goin' on! You think that's funny? Would you like to know, smartass? Would you like to know why I can't drive this kinda car? I'll tell you why, I'm used to luxury cars. Have you ever heard of a luxury car? You know what luxury means? Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that shift themselves. So on my count I want you to get outta the car and come around to my side. One... Two... Three. What did I just say, one two three, get outta the car.

eric
Regular!

Post by eric » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:40 am

i will be having quotes from both lord vincent subsuming didactic, spiritual, and intellectual advisement in my sig over the next few weeks. thank you for making this thread allowing me to exploit this.....you can see the first piece of scripture below: 'vincent gallo on film festivals''. throw all of your self-help books away, folks, throw away your fuckin zoloft. just watch your life improve reading the gospel straight from prophet gallo.

Bastard Wisher
Regular!

Post by Bastard Wisher » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:42 am

"There was nobody that I liked because girls stink. They stink. They're evil. And they're all bad. They're backstabbers, like you."

"One day the lizard woke up and realized that it was all alone on this earth."

downward
Regular!

Post by downward » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:48 am

wow, bastard wisher....that screenshot you took i think would make a really great poster for the film.

foot foot

Post by foot foot » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:26 am

"i'll take a bite out of your cheek and i'll shit you out."

nameman
Regular!

Post by nameman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:20 pm

<!--sizeo:18--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Honey, where's the Billy picture?"<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

also....love this screenshot taken by dvdbeaver.com

loony toad quack
Regular!

Post by loony toad quack » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:11 pm

how come when he gets out of jail he's wearing that grey jacket then he goes to his parents house, comes out with the jacket still on, there's a long shot out of the windsheild of them driving for about 3 minutes then it shows him coming out of a pharmacy and he has a black leather jacket on and they go in the bowling alley and christina ricci is wearing the grey one? can anyone figure it out? where does his black leather jacket come from?

Bastard Wisher
Regular!

Post by Bastard Wisher » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:00 am

<!--QuoteBegin-downward+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(downward)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->wow, bastard wisher....that screenshot you took i think would make a really great poster for the film.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think the film was shot in such an aesthetically specific way that almost any screenshot looks great. It seems like practically every shot in the film is perfectly centered and symmetrical.

<!--QuoteBegin-loony toad quack+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loony toad quack)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->how come when he gets out of jail he's wearing that grey jacket then he goes to his parents house, comes out with the jacket still on, there's a long shot out of the windsheild of them driving for about 3 minutes then it shows him coming out of a pharmacy and he has a black leather jacket on and they go in the bowling alley and christina ricci is wearing the grey one? can anyone figure it out? where does his black leather jacket come from?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn, good question! I never noticed that.
"One day the lizard woke up and realized that it was all alone on this earth."

eric
Regular!

Post by eric » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:21 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bastard Wisher+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bastard Wisher)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-loony toad quack+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loony toad quack)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->how come when he gets out of jail he's wearing that grey jacket then he goes to his parents house, comes out with the jacket still on, there's a long shot out of the windsheild of them driving for about 3 minutes then it shows him coming out of a pharmacy and he has a black leather jacket on and they go in the bowling alley and christina ricci is wearing the grey one? can anyone figure it out? where does his black leather jacket come from?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn, good question! I never noticed that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i don't think it's a good question at all, really. it only compels us to the point where we're like, 'oh, it must have just been a mistake in continuity'. and then, if your opinion changes at all, you'll only like the film less. i doubt there is any deep message to all this, it's just continuity errors. people debate over this kind of thing all the time. it's boring.

Famous Mortimer
Regular!

Post by Famous Mortimer » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 pm

"I'm gonna kill Scott Woods."

It's not that funny out of context, but it's timed so perfectly into the conversation that it makes it the funniest part of the movie.

nameman
Regular!

Post by nameman » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Famous Mortimer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Famous Mortimer)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"I'm gonna kill Scott Woods."

It's not that funny out of context, but it's timed so perfectly into the conversation that it makes it the funniest part of the movie.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed. I can't believe how many fucking funny lines there are in this movie.

Here's another...

"Who?"

"It's your son!!!"

"Who?"

"YOUR SON"

"Oh...look honey...it's....Billy."

Uter
Regular!

Post by Uter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:21 pm

I was sure I was the only one who loved the "I'm gonna kill Scott Wood" line. It is totally my favorite part of the movie. Agreed though, not good out of context.

dont
Regular!

Post by dont » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:30 am

Not a quote from Gallo himself, but the scene where Goon is in the jail taking all of Billy's mail for him to send out and Goon asks Billy something that written phonetically, would be like:

"Whrattyou think..whrattayou think I'm dumb, Billy?"

I just love the way he's trying to prove he's not stupid but he's even saying it in a really stupid sounding, butchered way.

And yeah, the line where just completely out of conversation context, Billy says "I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill Scott Woods."

And..
the bathroom scene that we all know and love:

Fat Guy In Urinal: "It's just so big."

Billy: "Faggot!! Faggot!!"

But the single best quote from the film is:

"We're spanning time. We're spanning time. We're the couple that doesn't touch each other. We love each other. Jesus Christ, we can't get enough of each other. But we never touch each other. We span time. We're the couple that spans time."

Tnat is just unbelievable.

orphus
Regular!

Post by orphus » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:19 am

this line made me come close to wetting my pants.

"No, Im not going to call you Rocky. Im going to call you goon. Goon goon goon goon. You know why people call you goon? Because you're a retard... and your ugly. You're a fat ugly retard."

hilarious.

nameman
Regular!

Post by nameman » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:01 pm

Here's two more of my favorites:

"Yeah...go ahead...take a big bite. Take a big bigger bite...Bring some more ma! She's going to want more - I can just sense it."

and one of my favorites of all time...

"Mooooom....my face is kinda itchy!"