Vincent Gallo

cunt.tumblr.com
Regular

Re: Vincent Gallo

Postby cunt.tumblr.com » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm

they been up for a while now but only a few threads stay before disappearing to god knows where?

>Does he go into his rage at "Elephant" getting the
>Palme D'Or? And editor friend of mine at another
>publication talked with gallo recently about a
>possible interview and said Gallo was going off on
>Gus, saying that he saw him with Jury President
>Patrice Chereau and that Gus' win was a coup by the
>Gay Mafia.
OK, so you asked for it. These quotes are from a Vincent Gallo interview
published in another French magazine ("Technikart" n° 81, April 2004): "Last
year, there was an exhibition of my work at the Agnès B. gallery [in Paris]
and a guy comes sniffing me. I pushed him back like I would have any other
schmuck coming too close to me. A year after that, he's President of the
Jury at Cannes and he's fingering Gus [Van Sant]. They're fingering each
other with the dick of that blond guy from Elephant in their mouths...
Disgusting."
Later on: "When I say bad things about gays, I'm not having a homophobic
delirium. Sex between men doesn't even disgust me. It's just that I'm
against the way they have of setting themselves up as a an alternative power
force."
(Retranslated from French.)
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/a_ ... ssage/9224

“I`m not an artist, I`m a hustler. As a hustler I`ve done many things. You should really believe it when I tell you that, `cause I`m not being sarcastic. I`m a total hustler. What that means is I`ve hustled to make a buck and I`ve hustled to change the world and I`ve hustled to take revenge - but it`s always hustling. I`ve never had a career or a single goal. I`ve never been formally educated. To get things together, to make a living, I constantly have to hustle.” — Vincent Gallo
Last edited by cunt.tumblr.com on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yourbuddyoz
Regular!

Postby yourbuddyoz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Best part of the Takano interview is 5:03 into pt. 2 where you can hear Gallo pissing into a toilet whilst talking.

Kinda agree with him about Spike Jonze, too.

cunt.tumblr.com
Regular

Postby cunt.tumblr.com » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm

the part i cherish the most is when he talks about Eric raping Julia Roberts :lol:

one of Gallo's most brilliant interviews!
http://cunt.tumblr.com/post/23728462203
You came up from the underground scene in New York and you’re considered a sensitive artist type, and people may be surprised that you’re a Republican.
Let me tell you something about the liberal mainstream. They’re actually revolted and disgusted by the taste and sensibility of the lowest class of working people in America. Yet they pander to them politically as idealists. They reject and shit on their taste and sensibility when it comes to film and music and architecture and how they want to live. But I’m the opposite of that. I don’t reject the taste and sensibility of any person. I respect and enjoy the taste and sensibility of every class of people in America. Politically, I’m sick of special interest groups… And I was clearly connected with the homosexual underground my whole life. Gay men, in particular, were the most supportive, sensitive people to me. Nothing could ever make me have a negative view of a homosexual male or female, ever.
At what point did your political views start leaning towards the conservative?
Always! At eight years old I campaigned for Richard Nixon. And I’m not against individuals, I’m not against celebrating the differences of individuals. What I’m against is the homogeny of mankind because that’s regressive. To celebrate the differences of people is fantastic, but to blend them all together…
You know, the same homosexual community that I found such compassion from, I don’t feel that camaraderie from them anymore; I don’t feel it in the social scene; I don’t feel it in the arts. That’s weird to me. Because that was the group that I learned the most from, because they were certainly the most open-minded at that time. But if I say things about the mainstreaming of homosexuals, it’s because I don’t believe in mainstreaming or special interests legislating for themselves. What has happened with gays in America is that they pander so much to the heterosexual mainstream that they’ve taken on the complexes of the heterosexual mainstream. I mean if you’re not young and buff and pumped, you’re pretty much basically paying for sex. And a person like me, who’s odd-looking… For example, when I was young, another generation of the gay community considered an odd-looking male beautiful. Look at Pasolini; the boy he loved the most was this pimple-faced boy he met at a Roman train station-is that the kind of boy that David Geffen is going with?

I don’t know how many of our readers have seen Salo, but I see your point.
When I’m reacting like that, I’m not bashing the gay community, I’m saying “Let’s make decisions for the good of all. Let’s really think in a broader way.” Let’s think a little past the obvious. And in that regard I’m always shot down, I’m always called a fascist, I’m always called a homophobe, and I’m always called a freak because I’m conservative politically. But how many phony liberals in Hollywood have danced at the Gaiety? I did. And part of me understands when I’m bashed in the media, for the things that I say, because I use loose language and crude descriptions.

we really need more people that think that way, especially in the shit-hole society of today :cry:

SINISTER FUNKHOUSE
Regular!

Postby SINISTER FUNKHOUSE » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 am

cunt.tumblr.com wrote:the part i cherish the most is when he talks about Eric raping Julia Roberts :lol:

one of Gallo's most brilliant interviews!
http://cunt.tumblr.com/post/23728462203
You came up from the underground scene in New York and you’re considered a sensitive artist type, and people may be surprised that you’re a Republican.
Let me tell you something about the liberal mainstream. They’re actually revolted and disgusted by the taste and sensibility of the lowest class of working people in America. Yet they pander to them politically as idealists. They reject and shit on their taste and sensibility when it comes to film and music and architecture and how they want to live. But I’m the opposite of that. I don’t reject the taste and sensibility of any person. I respect and enjoy the taste and sensibility of every class of people in America. Politically, I’m sick of special interest groups… And I was clearly connected with the homosexual underground my whole life. Gay men, in particular, were the most supportive, sensitive people to me. Nothing could ever make me have a negative view of a homosexual male or female, ever.
At what point did your political views start leaning towards the conservative?
Always! At eight years old I campaigned for Richard Nixon. And I’m not against individuals, I’m not against celebrating the differences of individuals. What I’m against is the homogeny of mankind because that’s regressive. To celebrate the differences of people is fantastic, but to blend them all together…
You know, the same homosexual community that I found such compassion from, I don’t feel that camaraderie from them anymore; I don’t feel it in the social scene; I don’t feel it in the arts. That’s weird to me. Because that was the group that I learned the most from, because they were certainly the most open-minded at that time. But if I say things about the mainstreaming of homosexuals, it’s because I don’t believe in mainstreaming or special interests legislating for themselves. What has happened with gays in America is that they pander so much to the heterosexual mainstream that they’ve taken on the complexes of the heterosexual mainstream. I mean if you’re not young and buff and pumped, you’re pretty much basically paying for sex. And a person like me, who’s odd-looking… For example, when I was young, another generation of the gay community considered an odd-looking male beautiful. Look at Pasolini; the boy he loved the most was this pimple-faced boy he met at a Roman train station-is that the kind of boy that David Geffen is going with?

I don’t know how many of our readers have seen Salo, but I see your point.
When I’m reacting like that, I’m not bashing the gay community, I’m saying “Let’s make decisions for the good of all. Let’s really think in a broader way.” Let’s think a little past the obvious. And in that regard I’m always shot down, I’m always called a fascist, I’m always called a homophobe, and I’m always called a freak because I’m conservative politically. But how many phony liberals in Hollywood have danced at the Gaiety? I did. And part of me understands when I’m bashed in the media, for the things that I say, because I use loose language and crude descriptions.

we really need more people that think that way, especially in the shit-hole society of today :cry:

here here. i'm liberal, but i see his point and agree with him. especially when it comes to political correctness. almost nothing disgusts me more than that. if i offhandedly say in regards to a movie or something, "oh, that's gay" i'm immediately bombarded with being homophobic. it's not the most sensitive or elegant thing to say, but everybody knows that if somebody says "that movie was pretty gay", most of the time they don't mean "that movie was homosexual and that's a bad thing"

i have a feeling i'm going to be criticized.
q: hey guys, what do you call somebody else's cheese?

a: NACHO CHEESE!

----

q: what do you call an empty jar of cheese whiz?

a: cheese WAS!!!

cunt.tumblr.com
Regular

Postby cunt.tumblr.com » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 am

JUST FOR THE RECORD. Vincent Gallo rang the bell of my house at 5.45pm. Just as I was getting my stuff together to go to the tennis courts. I first thought it was some random person wanting to ask if he could photograph the paint color in the front of the house so I walked out normally to get into my car. Then as I got closer I recognized the old looking grey bearded man videotaping me from inside his silver Prius. It's Vincent Gallo videotaping me getting out of my house!. I got in my car and was just going to leave, but then I thought I better get photo & video evidence of this unexpected visit myself. I got back out of the car and walked into the house, as he continued to point his camera phone at me as if to harass me. I went back in the house and grabbed the camcorder and started filming VG from inside the kitchen window (I always keep a big lense DSLR & camcorder in the living room). Then as soon as he saw that I was filming him VG took off down the street. I got back into my car at 5.50 to make my 6pm tennis appointment. Of course, I slowed down by the first crossing, and sure enough VG was trying to hide incognito among other parked cars. I proceeded to drive very slowly down the street, and then I see VG's silver Prius from my rear mirror following me. So what's he gonna' do now? Watch me play tennis? I zigzag through familiar neighborhood streets, then onto the freeway. He's still following me on the freeway! Total of 6+ miles all the way to the park!!!! As I park, he stops waaay behind. So, I finally decide to get out of my car & walk towards his Prius to get a really clean frontal snapshot. Then VG gives me the middle finger, turned right, and hit the gas (or whatever Prius takes). Isn't that stalking or harassment? I have video and photo evidence of all of this.

UPDATE: 8-19-2011 11.09am - Received threatening email from Vincent Gallo addressing me by my car license plate #. The same license plate he was staring at yesterday evening when he was parked behind my car at my home (videotaping me after he rang the bell). Somehow he found out where I lived and decided to follow me around (again, I have plenty of photo & video evidence of all this). And this guy won Best Actor at the Venice Film Festival last year? Wow!!
http://www.hikaritakano.co/index.php?op ... &Itemid=77
:shock:

16bitsystems wrote:Image
never seen this one before. gallo looks so uncomfortable.
Gallo & Carrey

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdM5M3T2238&t=1m8s

cunt.tumblr.com/
Regular

Postby cunt.tumblr.com/ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 am

cunt.tumblr.com wrote: http://www.hikaritakano.co/index.php/au ... cent-gallo

i know it's old but boy the shit he talks about the coppolas

:lol:

Fashion Week February 13, 2013 in New York City
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... new_fu.php

Lizzi Bougatsos
Terry Richardson
Gaspar Noe
Kim Gordon
Richard Kern
Chloe Sevigny
Olivier Zahm
http://purple.fr/diary/entry/purple-din ... new-york-3
http://www.terrysdiary.com/post/4322750 ... eather-boo
http://www.terrysdiary.com/post/4322742 ... bugatos-at

Brandon...
Regular!

Postby Brandon... » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:20 am

sorry, my drive crashed and i know i've asked before, but does anybody have the commentary track for "the brown bunny"?

16bitsystems
Regular!

Postby 16bitsystems » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:04 am

i've got it somewhere. i'll upload it when i get some free time.

oops
Regular!

Postby oops » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:28 am

oops
Regular!

Postby oops » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 am

Return to “General Discussion”