Looking for tons of stuff

kpo123
Regular!

Looking for tons of stuff

Post by kpo123 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:13 am

Hey, I've been looking for tons lately but it all appears to be pretty expensive online.

"Crackup at the Race Riots"
Alan Clarke films
Fassbinder films
possibly more Herzog

If anyone wants to trade (I have quite a lot of films on my computer) or sell for a reasonable price. Thanks a lot.

Johnny Boy
Regular!

Re: Looking for tons of stuff

Post by Johnny Boy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:13 am

The Alan Clarke Collection I bought for $120 a couple weeks ago and it's definitely worth it. If you're in America, then you can get it for half as much as I paid.

http://dvd.search.ebay.com/alan-clarke- ... acatZ11232

Specifically, what Herzog and Fassbinder are you looking for? I might be able to help you out there, but you need to put up your trade list.

As for Crackup, you'll see that sometimes listed as $100 and over. You don't want to pay that much for it. Just keep looking through eBay, check out some book stores in your area. It will pop up eventually for a reasonable price. Mine I ordered through Amazon a while ago and I think I ended up paying about $20 for it. It was the first edition, as well.

kpo123
Regular!

Post by kpo123 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Hey. I finally found Crackup for $30 so I grabbed that. Basically I'm looking for anything from Fassbinder, I only own Ali Fear Eats The Soul. And Herzog, I'm after early-ish things like Handicapped Future, Measured Against Fanatics, Signs of Life, Last Words; most of his Klaus Kinski etc stuff is pretty easy to find in libraries or something. From my collection, I have a few Theodor Dreyer, Godard, Bunuel, Herzog; but I guess the films I'm looking for are far more esoteric than this lot.
And I will probably just fork a fair bit out for an Alan Clarke collection. Thanks a lot.

Johnny Boy
Regular!

Post by Johnny Boy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 am

kpo123 wrote:Hey. I finally found Crackup for $30 so I grabbed that. Basically I'm looking for anything from Fassbinder, I only own Ali Fear Eats The Soul. And Herzog, I'm after early-ish things like Handicapped Future, Measured Against Fanatics, Signs of Life, Last Words; most of his Klaus Kinski etc stuff is pretty easy to find in libraries or something. From my collection, I have a few Theodor Dreyer, Godard, Bunuel, Herzog; but I guess the films I'm looking for are far more esoteric than this lot.
And I will probably just fork a fair bit out for an Alan Clarke collection. Thanks a lot.
Remember, the Alan Clarke Collection is like a 5-disc set, so sixty or seventy bucks is a steal.

All the Herzog films you mentioned are on the documentaries box-set, which is really worth buying, in my opinion. You can find it pretty cheap these days.