Notes on the New Forum

Questions or comments regarding the website and forum...
Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:32 pm

At the moment it does not immediately show older topics. To see older topics, you need to click the "Forum Option" button in the top left corner of the forum and click "Show All Invisible Topics." You should be able to log in just as you did in the old forum. If you had unusual characters in your username there might be a problem. It looks like you have to re-upload your avatar as well. We can still move back to the phpBB forum if you'd like, that's no trouble. The forum does not look so good for now but later it should be okay. If someone knows how to edit styles in Invision, I'd like to know. If you find any errors in using the forum, message me.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:13 pm

Brutus wrote:At the moment it does not immediately show older topics. To see older topics, you need to click the "Forum Option" button in the top left corner of the forum and click "Show All Invisible Topics." You should be able to log in just as you did in the old forum. If you had unusual characters in your username there might be a problem. It looks like you have to re-upload your avatar as well. We can still move back to the phpBB forum if you'd like, that's no trouble. The forum does not look so good for now but later it should be okay. If someone knows how to edit styles in Invision, I'd like to know. If you find any errors in using the forum, message me.

hi yes brutus. why did you changed the forum? i noticed the old had some database problems ore something. but i really liked the old one moore. may we could get used to that one here but yeh.

really curios about what exactly happened to the old?

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:26 pm

I didn't know exactly what the problem was, I was guessing the database was corrupted, something like that, so I thought the only option would be to re-create the database or change to a new forum (with a new database). I think this one might be okay if I can change the style. I was trying to get this forum to look similar to the previous one, which I believe is possible, but it is all very complex here, I read a lot about it and I couldn't work it out, it's annoying the hell out of me.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:37 pm

ah allright. this is really not good. if the style would change that forum would be may nice. i have to say i dont like that current visual style. it sucks it seems to be so complicated to add a new style. i have no clue about it too otherwise i would try to help.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:52 pm

I have worked it out now, I think, it's coming along.

Will Harm
Regular!

Postby Will Harm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:15 am

I like both, but at the moment I'm liking this a little more, change is good.. It's not too important, but is there any way to change avatar size limit to what it was before?

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:47 am

I've updated the avatars to 160x160, I'm not sure how big that is exactly though. The forum design isn't going well at all, it's too difficult. We might change back to phpBB soon unless someone gives some reasons not to. I could change the design there a little and it will be just like a new forum.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:41 pm

yeh i think it would be worth it to change back with a bit changed design ore something.

Timeoil
Regular!

Postby Timeoil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:31 am

Invision Board is a little harder to customize, but it's a little more secure.
<a href="http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ipb/ipb-skins.htm" target="_blank">http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ipb/ipb-skins.htm</a>
<a href="http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/c/141" target="_blank">http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/c/141</a>
I think you just customize one of the themes like you did before with phpbb...

Timeoil
Regular!

Postby Timeoil » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:01 am

This board seems to be gooderest. There are alot of functions and capabilities. I refuse to select purchase subscriptions tho'.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:29 am

i am starting to like it too, but i really dont like the current look of it. it seems the "un-read messages" function is strange though, it shows new posts as "new" until i read them like 3-4 times. then they are finally marked as read.
Last edited by direct recharge on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timeoil
Regular!

Postby Timeoil » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 am

direct recharge wrote:i am starting to like it too, but i really dont like the current look of it. it seems the "un-read messages" function is strange though, it shows new posts as "new" until i read them like 3-4 times. then they are finally marked as read.

Yeah it would be better if it was default. The old harmony text makes it look like you are driving a porsche with 12 inch tires and wal mart hubcaps. Not that the text didn't look cool as part of the overall website design in the another locale.

>...end critics message
Last edited by Timeoil on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will Harm
Regular!

Postby Will Harm » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:02 am

exactly..

and where the fuck is everybody..

raiseshisarm
Regular!

Postby raiseshisarm » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:47 am

not too into this either...

is there a way to look at "posts since last visit" in here?
that was the only way i knew how not to feel overwhelmed in the old board..

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:56 am

raiseshisarm wrote: not too into this either...

is there a way to look at "posts since last visit" in here?
that was the only way i knew how not to feel overwhelmed in the old board..

yes its on the top of this page next to "my controls". its the "view new posts" button.

Return to “Questions and Comments”