Those Having Problems Logging In (See Here)

Questions or comments regarding the website and forum...
Brutus
Site Administrator

Those Having Problems Logging In (See Here)

Postby Brutus » Sun May 23, 2004 4:52 am

Many registered users of the board have had problems with the board logging them out as the make a post or go to a new page. I made some changes just then so maybe this'll be fixed now, or less frequent. If the problems still there on your account, please post that here and I will try again.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Sun May 23, 2004 10:08 pm

thanks otis. i think that worked. i also changed the time at my profile to +2 hours (cause thats thats the diffrence betweent he board time and my time here) and now it seems that iam logged in the whole time. great thing :)

greetings

direct recharge

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Tue May 25, 2004 10:56 am

It is good then. I think the timezone thing doesn't matter now because I tested it before and I could log in fine if I set the date months behind. So you can probably change it to your normal time now and hopefully log-ins will still work.

Now smut's is not working either. I'm not good at all with any of this, I just really follow the support page of phpBB when such problems come up. This is really all that I can find that might apply,

The cookie features are working for me but not for some of my members:
The members most likely have the cookie security settings set to disallow cookies. Tell them to change them to allow cookies completely or just from your site. IE6 has improved features for this and your members might have messed with the settings.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:37 pm

I changed my username and it let me post with it after changing as I was already logged in. However when I returned to post and log in it would not let me. It wouldnt let me using my old username either.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:37 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Lusher>+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lusher>)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I changed my username and it let me post with it after changing as I was already logged in. However when I returned to post and log in it would not let me. It wouldnt let me using my old username either.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, I changed your old username to Mr Lusher and your newest one is Lusher. It probably wont help though, but try logging in again to see. I will go ask some questions at the phpBB forum and then maybe they will have a better answer.

Lusher
Regular!

Postby Lusher » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:45 am

Thanks Brutus. It works swell now. Hence this here post.
We will play no favorites. Beginning on the day after Christmas, any employee caught nodding out, jacking off, or otherwise squandering company time, will pay the penalty.

Anonymous

i have loggin problems again

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:30 am

i have those loggin problems again, too !!

that is a very annoying thing !!

:x :cry:

i now try to smoke one and kill a fly !!

direct recharge

direct recharge

now it is working again

Postby direct recharge » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:31 am

now it is king of working again

this is confusing!!

where is the toilette ?

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:12 am

I get problems too now. If you sign in at the bottom of the index (rather than the 'log in/out' link in the menu up top), things go better. If the login in application (asking for username and password) is still there it means you're still not logged in, so try again and it works on the second time for me.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:30 pm

that is a good information

seems to work here !

greetings

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:37 am

Yeah, it's happening each time to me now, since I updated to OS X. It's bad in that no posts are noted as being new because the first login marks all posts as read.

direct recharge

Postby direct recharge » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:31 pm

it is still happen everytime at you ?

at me it seems now 100 percent working again.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:30 am

Mines still bad. I have one last thing I can do to fix the login problems so I will try that soon and then if it continues I don't know.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:12 am

I am trying to install this phpmyadmin that is neccessary for this one last step. It's difficult, I don't understand, has anybody here installed this before?

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:07 am

I've made a few changes and log-in problems should hopefully be gone for all now. I had some problems too and they seem fixed now. Others tell me if they're still having problems.

Return to “Questions and Comments”