A New Design for the Website

Questions or comments regarding the website and forum...
oops
Regular!

Re: A New Design for the Website

Postby oops » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:15 pm

well i do enjoy this fresh style, looks more tidy.. it's just that i'm having a real hard time jacking-off to this:
Lusher wrote:Image

:oops:

umma-ohz
Regular!

Postby umma-ohz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 am

Just browsing the Harm pics, this one was taken by a friend of mine: http://www.harmony-korine.com/paper/img/hk/b/082.html when we both met Harmony. It was at the London Film Festival, when they had the Korine 'masterclass'.

baal
Regular!

Postby baal » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

It looks pretty nice, I appreciate the effort. It looks a bit too much like a blog though I think. I was probably encouraging you in this direction before though so can't really complain. I sort of miss the old design now and then though, espeially the corpse paint face and the white pride chef, it was all very bleak and unwelcoming, but I know there is no turning back now.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm

The code was taken from a blog so that's how it ended up like that... I'm reasonably happy with how things are at the moment, but still I feel a funny uncertainty about it all - there are a fair few main parts that I don't like that and that I meant to change but decided just to leave because it was taking too long to come up with an alternative. Still I prefer it now to how it was before. I think the previous site was really quite poor. You can still see it here, if you've forgotten how it looked exactly.

For me, the news page on the site now is very nice - I like that part. If you don't like that page then we will probably not agree on a nice-looking site. I agree it looks like a blog but I don't mind that. Besides that I also like the individual pages for each film/project. The rest of the site though - including main parts like the 'Film / Work Index' - I don't like or I'm not content with. I feel they're missing something (for some just a minor thing here and there and for others a complete change).

Some things like that will change later, maybe so at least I'm completely happy with them, but for now I'm just going to take a rest from it all for a while and give it no more thought.

In terms of function and navigation on the new site, I'm happy. There were many parts that were kind of hidden on the old site. I don't feel there's a problem with that now.

With the news, also, I meant to not somewhere, I've decided I'll update just once a week from now on. If it is something like an upcoming event, I'll post as soon as I can, but with everything else it wont on the site until the end of the week.

baal
Regular!

Postby baal » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:55 am

The old site still has it I say. I haven't looked too closely at the other pages of the new one but if the functionality is there that's what's important I suppose. If you are able to update the main news page that will be good and make me look at it more, I will grow to like it then and everything you have done won't be in vain.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:30 am

And then I can finally embrace the afterlife.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 am

The site does actually have a few problems on Internet Explorer on Windows, I saw it on another computer a few days ago. The filmography page is supposed to look like this, if anyone is seeing it different:

In IE you see only one column, with the second falling below the first, slightly misaligned. I will try to fix it one day...

I've updated the news just now - some exciting updates if you are the excitable type.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 am

I've installed a MOD now so that images should be resized to fit threads. It was irritating to install properly because it also resized the menu image. I believe I've solved that problem now though, and everything should look exactly the same (is the menu in the centre of the page, not shrunken, etc) - let me know if not.

With this new MOD, now when you click an image it should open to its full size in a flash-type style. There are alternatives to this so let me know if you're unhappy with it.

I tell you, also, I was genuinely a little unhappy with the style of the website before, I thought it could be better, but looking at it lately I say I did a wonderful job overall - I think it looks great when viewed properly in Firefox. The only thing I think that could do with a change are the video pages and the pages for each individual interview/article could look better (a little more colour or something to distinguish the title area is needed).

With the video pages I don't know what I will do, but soon I intend to add high quality videos for download from the site, rather than just the streaming YouTube videos. I didn't offer this before as I misread the details for the site's bandwidth and thought that we couldn't handle offering videos for download, but we supposedly have 15,000GB in bandwidth in each month, which is a great deal.

The width of the forum I've grown to find acceptable too. Does anyone have a problem with the forum size as it is now? Are there any other issues people have?

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 am

It's possible some of your posts made within the last hour or so disappeared. This is due to the website host making changes on their side and not because there was a problem with anything posted.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:07 pm

There were some issues before with the site not displaying right in Internet Explorer (the menus were all misaligned and the interview lists were all jumbled, along with other more minor things). This has all been corrected now, I'm pretty sure. The site now should look pretty much the same in IE, Firefox and Safari.

fourteenandyounger
Regular

Postby fourteenandyounger » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 am

hey brutus, do you think you could make the website Bigger? Bigger, not as in size, or popularity, just Bigger. Like, louder. More fabulous? More outrageous, and just...big. Huge. Like, boisterous and atrocious and loudmouthed and bitter and retired? And chainsmoking? And just, flat out South Beach washedup hasbeen BIG at the end of a long binge of hookers and booze. But you USED to be BIG. That's how big I want you to be, Brutus.

Return to “Questions and Comments”