July 9, 2010

Questions or comments regarding the website and forum...
baal
Regular!

July 9, 2010

Postby baal » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Most users ever online was 64 on 09 Jul 2010 08:38 am

What was happening this day? I guess it was a day earlier for most of you. Was there anything special about this day and time or were there just lots of spammers on or something? Seems like a ridiculous amount of users to be online at the same time on this board.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Re: July 9, 2010

Postby Brutus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 am

That was when I did a lecture on web design at the local TAFE here. I had all the students pull up the board as an example of a point I was making.

No, I would guess it's bots visiting the board, a combination of spam users trying to post and search engines crawling for results. Or it might've just been a glitch, that happens sometimes, but it also could've been that some popular site linked to the board for some reason, something like that... I used to have a statistics thing set up on the site which would note where visitors were coming from (like what they searched with Google or whether they clicked from a forum topic, etc) but I don't have that at the moment.

baal
Regular!

Postby baal » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 am

I like how you put TAFE. You could've made yourself out to be anything, you could've been selling a proposal to a major conglomerate who were about to invest their future in you. You could've been a big success.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Heh. I've been in TAFE classes before, and with some of the people they have teaching, at least in the small country areas I live in, it seemed really quite reasonable to suggest that I myself might be working as a teacher there.

Return to “Questions and Comments”