Why is there a gap between March 13th - May 4th?

Questions or comments regarding the website and forum...
Brutus
Site Administrator

Why is there a gap between March 13th - May 4th?

Postby Brutus » Wed May 04, 2005 3:18 pm

We were hacked by a Turkish bum in May. For this person to do this it did not require any skill, I hear, anybody could do it quite simply. Older versions of phpBB forums, as we often kept, are vulnerable and often attacked. The only serious thing there was that all the boards were deleted and the last time I made a backup (that is a copy of the posts) was March the 13th. This means that we didn't have a copy of any of the posts made after then and so this is why there's this gap. That's about a month and a half, it works out to 4 or 500 posts I guess. If you signed up within that period also you no longer have an account and will have to re-register. From now on, learning some lesson from this, I will try to backup the forum every week and will also try to keep up with the latest version of the forum, then we should be better off.

The loss of posts in the "Harmony Korine" board is really no good. I like that as a catalogue, a lot of that was good to keep. I encourage you then to re-post whatever you had there before (like The Devil, Probably introduction, Foster Homes and I-D scans and things). You can do this on the other boards as well, I wont think anything weird of it.

Here are some reminders from the Google cache of the forum on April 24th:

<a href="http://www.harmony-korine.com/forum/general.jpg" target="_blank">general board</a>
<a href="http://www.harmony-korine.com/forum/harmonykorine.jpg" target="_blank">harmony korine board</a>

clit
Regular!

Postby clit » Wed May 04, 2005 11:36 pm

Only dumb fux do non-challenging random hack jobs!

What sucks the most is that were about seven new great interviews,
someone on here has to have the April posts still on their comp?

eric
Regular!

Postby eric » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:07 pm

fuck that fake-ass young turk. there was a time when those bastards were cool.

Brutus
Site Administrator

Postby Brutus » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am

we had to re-upload the post database thing with one created a little earlier. there was a gap between then and the upload so whatever posts made within the last hour or two have been lost, sorry for any trouble that causes.

Return to “Questions and Comments”